Saturday, 20 October 2018

UGANDA: Just because they are Muslims (PHOTOS)


JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE MUSLIMS

The persecution of Muslims by the Museveni military regime is a time bomb.

Omar Awadh Omar who was recently released but re-arrested was first arrested following the twin blasts at Lugogo rugby grounds and Ethiopian village in 2010 that killed over 70 Ugandans who were watching the World Cup finals. Justice Owiny Dollo acquitted him and four others of any wrong doing and ordered for their release but they were re-arrested by police and charged afresh with terrorism for allegedly being found in possession of literature promoting terrorism.

Last month, the Director of Public Prosecution discontinued the charges prompting the High Court to release him. However, police re-arrested him before the Internal Affairs Minister issued an order deporting him to Kenya after being deemed undesirable to stay in Uganda. He would later appeal against the deportation through the High Court in Kampala.

In an affidavit sworn by Fatuma Abdhara Said who is Omar’s biological mother, she said she was a female adult Ugandan of sound mind, Munyankore by tribe born of Kitwekyanjovu, Kyazanga in Lwengo district and the biological mother to the appellant. She further averred that Omar’s father who died in 2011 was a Kenyan of Arab descent and had migrated to Kenya together with his family to but returned to Uganda in 2002 without Omar.

However, Justice Margret Oumo Oguli ruled that despite evidence that Omar was a Ugandan citizen by birth, the Judge dismissed the appeal and upheld the minister’s deportation order.

Just two days ago, five plain clothed security operatives armed with guns pounced on a one Yusuf Kawooya near Christ the King church in Kampala hitting him with gun buts repeatedly all over his body before they dragged him into a waiting taxi and drove off to an unknown destination leaving the public in shock.

In April this year, security operatives raided court and in an ugly scene, re-arrested Dr.Ismail Kalule shortly after being released on bail by the the High Court. Kalule was among the Muslims arrested in connection with the July 2010 Kampala twin blasts that killed over 70 people who were watching World Cup finals but was acquitted of the charges by the court in May 2016 before being re-arrested by security.

Having been in detention for over a year, in February, Kalule applied for bail and was released pending trial. However, following his release, security operatives in plain clothes in an ugly scene forcefully grabbed him before bundling him into a nearby van and drove him away to an unknown direction.

In November 2017, shabbily plain clothed security operatives pounced on Ahmed Ssenfuka, a suspect in Kaweesi murder who had been bailed by Nakawa court, squeezed him in a premio car and drove off with him.

Two weeks ago, Museveni personally revealed that an operation had been made by the Chieftaincy of Military Intelligence (CMI) on Friday in which suspected killers of Kirumira were apprehended, and one of them shot at. The suspect who was shot and later died has been identified as Katerega Abdu. Museveni did not explain under what circumstances Katerega, a suspect government would want alive, was killed.

On 26/4/2018, Museveni’s security machinery raided USAFI Mosque in the suburbs of Kampala. They shot dead two people, arrested 36 Muslim worshipers before destroying the mosque.

Just last month, the Mufti of Uganda was blocked by the army from visiting Abudalah Kitata who is held in a military barracks over concocted charges of illegal possession of a firearm.

The other day a one Yasin who had been Hon. Bobi Wine's driver was arbitrarily shot dead by Museveni's bodyguards in Arua.

The list of incidents of systematic persecution of Muslims is endless.

INFORMATION IS POWER AND THE PROBLEM OF UGANDA IS MUSEVENISM










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.